""Howdy~Keep Smiling!"" Yaqui's Profile
Life is an adventure whether it is within your own country or abroad. I love exploring the beautiful state of California and across other beautiful states. I've been to some very special and unique places that most folks wouldn't even think about adding. I find every place I see and experience as special and VT worthy. Someday I hope to travel abroad. Just remember "Happy Trails and Keep the Faith!"~
Petrified Forest National Park, Az
Avalon, Ca~Catalina Island
San Gabriel & San Gabriel Mission, Ca,
San Pedro, Ca,
San Clemente, Ca,
Long Beach, Ca~Updates,
Gila Bend, Az,
Black Canyon City, Az,
Bristol, TN, Reston, Va, Alphine, Ca, Springville, Ca, Calabasas, Ca, Los Angeles, Ca~Updates, Burbank, Ca~Updates, Anaheim, Ca ~Updates, Atlanta, Ga~Updates, Fort Worth, Tx ~Updates, Las Vegas, NV~ Always Updating, Alexandria, Va~Updates, Washington DC ~Updates, State Of California, USA, Pasadena, Ca , State of Utah, USA, Williamsburg, Va~Updates
Pages that are INWORK
Route 66 was established in 1926 and it extended from Chicago Illinois to the beautiful shores of Santa Monica California. Called The Mother Road, it stretched 2, 448 miles across the good old USA. Growing up, we drove frequently from Colorado to California to visit family along this route. This was of course before hand held video games, DVD’s, cell phones, or air-conditioned cars.
Did you know for about 1,000 miles (1,600 km), I-40 follows the general route of the Beale Wagon Road from Arkansas to California. The Beale Wagon Road was built in 1857-59 by a team led by Lt. Edward Fitzgerald Beale using a team of camels as pack animals.
Santa Monica, Ca, Los Angeles, Ca, Pasadena, Ca, Arcadia, Ca, Rancho Cucamonga, Ca, Oak Hills, Ca ~Cajon Summit, Victorville,Ca, Bartstow, Ca, Yermo, Ca, Daggett, Ca , Newberry Springs, Ca , Ludlow, Ca, Fenner, Ca, Goffs, Ca, Needles, Ca, Kingman, Az, Seligman, Az, Ash Fork, Az, Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, Az, Flagstaff, Az Updates, Meteor Crater, Az, Holbrook, Az, Winslow, Az, Tucumcari,NM, Amarillo, Tx, Groom, Texas, Sayre, Ok
Allensworth State Historic Park, CA~Cabrillo National Monument, CA~Fort Tejon State Historic Park, CA~Old Town San Diego State Historic Park, CA~Mojave National Preserve, CA~Chumash Painted Cave State Historic Park,CA~Adamson House State Park,CA~Red Rock Canyon State Park, CA~Mono Lake Tufa State Natural Reserve,CA~Emerald Bay State Park (D.L. Bliss),CA~Sugar Pine Point State Park,CA~Carrizo Plain National Monument, CA~Pinnacles Natural Landmark, CA~Manzanar National Historic Site, CA~Bodie State Historical Park, CA~Death Valley National Park, CA~Yosemite National Park, CA~Columbia State Historic Park, CA~Four Corners Monument, AZ, NM, CO, UT~Montezuma Castle National Momument, AZ~Tuzigoot National Monument, AZ~Monument Valley State Park, AZ~Palatki Heritage Site, AZ~Slide Rock State Park, AZ~Saguaro National Park, AZ~Casa Grande National Monument Park, Az~Wupatki National Monument, Az~Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, Az~Petrified Forest National Park, Az, ~Donner Memorial State Park, NV~Old Las Vegas Mormon State Historic Park, NV~Stone Mountain Memorial State Park, GA~(Old) Fort Niagara State Park, NY~Statue of Liberty National Monument, NY~Ellis Island National Monument, NJ~Yellowstone National Park, WY~Fort Bridger State Historic Site, WY~Mount Rushmore National Memorial, MT~Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, MT~Pompeys Pillar National Monument, MT~Gettysburg National Military Park, PA~Manassass National Battlefield Park, VA~Washington D.C.~Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, MA~Fort Smith National Historic Site, AR
I feel a kinship with these beautiful missions of California since my heritage is part of them. While the east was just being settled, the west was all ready flourishing!
1. San Diego de Alcalá, 2. San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo , 3. San Antonio de Padua , 4. San Gabriel Arcángel, 5. San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, 6. San Francisco de Asís, 7. San Juan Capistrano, 8. Santa Clara de Asís, 9. San Buenaventura, 10. Santa Bárbara, 11. La Purísima Concepción, 12. Santa Cruz, 13. Nuestra Señora de la Soledad, 14. San José, 15. San Juan Bautista, 16. San Miguel Arcángel, 17. San Fernando Rey de España, 18. San Luis Rey de Francia, 19. Santa Inés, 20. San Rafael Arcángel, 21. San Francisco Solano
These communities have so much in common because of the lure of Gold, Silver, Borates, Tunsten, and Salt in the hopes of making millions or just to make a simple living and a home. California, Nevada and Arizona has so many abandon or living ghost towns to explore. Nothing like hitting the road and exploring these wonderful pieces of history. Sometimes we dwell on what we don't have, but when you visit places like these, it makes me appreciate what simple pleasure we have today.
Alabama Hills, Ca, Allensworth,Ca, Atolia, Ca, Bodie, Ca., Bodfish, Ca, Calico, Ca, Death Valley, Ca, Havilah, Ca, Kramer Junction, Ca, Randsburg, Ca, Garlock,Ca, Freeman Junction,Ca, Johannesburg,Ca, Red Mountain,Ca, Valley Wells Station, Ca, Willow Springs, Ca, Rhyolite, Nv, Goodsprings, Nv, Quartzsite, Az
To me murals are very much part of our Americana history. I can remember traveling the countryside and seeing the old advertisements of Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola, John Deer, etc. Erected on the side of some old country barn or along some lonesome drug store along Main Street. By the way, have you ever notice that most old towns have a main street:)!
Tehachapi,Ca~Boron,Ca~Bakerfields,Ca~Fallbrook,Ca~Fillmore,Ca~Lancaster,Ca~Santa Paula,Ca~Ventura,Ca~Fort Walton Beach, Fl~Guthrie, Ok ~Forth Worth, Tx~Rosamond, Ca.~Barstow, Ca~Cottonwood,Az~Carlsbad,Ca.~Flagstaff,Az~Hampton, VA~Bishop,Ca.~Carnelian Bay,Ca~Cathedral City,Ca~El Cajon,Ca~Inyokern,Ca~LaMesa,Ca~Newhall,Ca~Oceanside,Ca~Temecula,Ca~Trona,Ca~Atlanta,Ga~Mansfield,Oh~Los Angeles,Ca~Lone Pine,Ca~North Edwards,Ca~
I live on two acres at the corner of my neighborhood. My neighbors know my Missy a saddlebred mare, a 1100 lb wonder of strength and love. What's a saddlebred you say? Here is a link what a American Saddlebred is. They also know if you call out her name she will stop what she is doing and look up and ninny at you. So folks here will stop just to see her react to her name. One of neighbors said they love seeing her every day as they head home up the road. We are both retired from riding, so her days are filled with being loved and sun bathing in her favorite sandy spot in her corral.
One of my favorite things to do is to stop (if safely) and enjoy all those historical markers you see along the highways or any where else you may find them. You just never know where they are. I am really keen is finding them. My hubby says I have radar when it comes to them. I will always add them to "things to see or do" or "off the beaten path". They are like finding a treasure and sometimes especially in California they are like a treasure hunt. So enjoy them when you see one. They are usually a wealth of information of local history!
Checkout the Historical Marker Data Base. History is being preserved for generations!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Subic Hotels
- Quezon City Hotels
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Southern Province Hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Portland Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Apostle Islands Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 4,370 Reviews
- 14,352 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 274 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
- Commented on one of nicolaitan's Boca Raton travel pages
- Yaqui and goshtasb are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Help in regards to a rental..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fremont Street Experience: Awesome and its FREE!"
- updated a Holbrook Travel Page "Holbrook~Route 66"
- Wrote a Review Metrolink about Trolley / Metro / Train in California Transportation
updated their Profile Page ""Howdy~Keep Smiling!""
- Uploaded a Video to Nashville
VideosSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 278 reviews, 992 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 124 reviews, 568 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 118 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Intro, 101 reviews, 331 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bakersfield Intro, 94 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehachapi Intro, 82 reviews, 305 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 104 reviews, 253 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 93 reviews, 248 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 65 reviews, 260 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 58 reviews, 249 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22499 Reviews - 55073 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos