"Boerne - Hill Country Texas Near San Antonio" Boerne by AlbuqRay
Boerne Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 66 photos
Boerne (pronounced Bernie) is about 30 miles northeast of San Antonio, Texas. It has ~6000 people, many antique shops, a German background and many historical buildings. If you would like to relax and shop in the Texas hill country, Boerne might be the place for you.
Near Boerne there is a nice cave to visit, especially in the summer when it is hot outside. The temperature is always a comfortable 66 F below. The cave is without a name because during a naming contest a young boy said it was too beautiful to have a name. It is sometimes mistakenly called the cave with no name, instead of the Cave Without a Name. The entrance fee is $11 but you can get a $2 discount with an internet coupon. Cave manager, Mike Burrell, and his staff give very informative tours. To get there, go northeast from Boerne on Highway 474 about 7 miles and then turn east on Kreutzberg Road for about 5 miles. See also my Boerne Off the Beaten Path tips and www.cavewithoutaname.com.
It is about a 40 minute drive from Boerne to the Alamo and Riverwalk area in downtown San Antonio, Texas. Just take I-10 south to I-35 east and then I-37 south to the Houston Street Exit. The Alamo is two blocks west of the exit and the Riverwalk two blocks west of the Alamo. You can stay in Boerne and easily visit them. See my Must See Activities tips.
- Pros:Friendly people and small town atmosphere near San Antonio
- Cons:Almost everything interesting closes at 5 PM
- In a nutshell:Good place for German food and antiques
It is about a 40 minute drive from Boerne to the Alamo and Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio, Texas. The small river was... more travel advice
This is a view of the 35 foot bookcase from the upstairs balcony. I have no idea how they got the items placed on the... more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Boerne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boerne - Hill Country Texas Near San Antonio"
- "It's fun being a cowboy!!"
- "Boerne -- In the Heart of Texas Hill Country"
- "Home of Tootie Pie Company"
- "Basaic Boerne Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boerne
- Hotels in Boerne
- Restaurants in Boerne
- Shopping in Boerne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boerne
- 28 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Boerne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boerne
- Posted in Travel Siem Reap Forum "Re: Hotels in Siem Reap"
- updated a Boerne Travel Page "Boerne - Hill Country Texas Near San Antonio"
- Commented on one of Mmasarech's Boerne travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Boerne - Hill Country Texas Near San Antonio"
- Wrote a Review San Antonio Riverwalk in Boerne Things to Do
Photos in BoerneSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues