"Place to Stay to Visit Chaco Canyon" Cuba by AlbuqRay
Cuba Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 40 photos
The National park Service has a nice little Visitors' Center in the middle of town. There is also a well-done Cuba Area Visitors' Guide online.
The signboard at the Cuba Visitors' Center describes the Jemez Mountain Trail, which was designated a National Scenic Byway in 1998 because of its geologic formations, ancient Indian ruins, Indian pueblos, and evidence of the area's mining, logging and ranching heritage.
The area was originally settled in 1769 by 35 families as part of the San Joaquin del Nacimiento land grant. Originally known as Nacimiento or La Laguna, it was renamed Cuba when the post office was established in 1887.
- Pros:Has a couple of excellent restaurant options
- Cons:Limited lodging options in town
- In a nutshell:Closest town to the beautiful Suenos Encantados B&B
The office of the Suenos Encantados B&B is in the main house of the Rancho San Pablo de Garcia. You will be staying in... more travel advice
"Capilla" means "chapel" in Spanish. Northern New Mexico's landscape saw many little chapels built by families who were... more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Cuba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place to Stay to Visit Chaco Canyon"
- "AGBAT's new Cuba Page"
- "Roadtripping for rusty neon dinosaurs"
- "Basaic Cuba Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cuba
- 4 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Cuba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cuba
- Posted in Travel Siem Reap Forum "Re: Help with hotel in Siem Reap"
- updated a Cuba Travelogue "Scenes from Ridge East of Suenos Encantados B&B"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Scenes from Ridge East of Suenos Encantados B&B"
- Wrote a Review Rancho San Pablo de Garcia Main... in Cuba Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Cuba
Photos in CubaSee All Photos (35)
Videos in CubaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues