"Albuquerque - Where I Live and What to See and Do" Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque by AlbuqRay
Albuquerque Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,603 photos
Albuquerque, New Mexico, is in the Rio Grande river valley at the base of the Sandia Mountains. There are many interesting things to see and do in this area, including Santa Fe, Acoma "Sky City" Pueblo, mountain forests and streams, and in October the largest hot air balloon fiesta in the world. Not only do I love living here, but internet friends who have visited love it too. Ride up the Sandia Peak Tramway, have dinner, and see beautiful sunsets. You can ski down in the winter. See my Albuquerque travelogues for information and pictures for trips out of Albuquerque in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada. For a virtual tour try VirtualAlbuquerque.
Historic Santa Fe is only an hour's drive away. See my Santa Fe travel tips for more information. Many other parts of northern New Mexico are also very interesting. See my New Mexico, Madrid and Questa pages for things to see, for places to eat, and for the unique cultural experiences available in the area.
Albuquerque has definite seasons including the winter snows and the July-August "rainy" season. The snow does not last in Albuquerque for more than a couple of days but there is snow skiing in the nearby mountains. If they have snow, the nearest downhill and cross-country skiing areas on Sandia Peak are only 45 minutes driving or an even shorter tram ride away. Ski Santa Fe is 1.5 hours and Taos Ski Valley is 2.5 hours from Albuquerque. There are also several other ski resorts in northern New Mexico.
- Pros:Tricultural; near many interesting places; nice weather at sometime during the day year-round; many good restaurants
- Cons:Spring winds and hot before the rains come in July
- In a nutshell:Great place to live but hard to spell Albuquerque
Lucky Boy is a combo Chinese restaurant and hamburger joint. It is a friendly place that has a long tradition and... more travel advice
This small, family-run restaurant has been in business since 1974. There are no frills but the food and service are... more travel advice
- See All Transportation Without Car During...
- See All Economical During the Balloon Fiesta
- See All Albuquerque-Gallup-Canyon de...
- See All Manuel's Food Market
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Albuquerque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of our 50 is missing ......"
- "Albuquerque - Where I Live and What to See and Do"
- "Ever Expanding"
- "Albuquerque, New Mexico"
- "Albuquerque - It's a great place!"
- "Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta-Festival Extraordinaire"
- "A place to celebrate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albuquerque
- Hotels in Albuquerque
- Transportation in Albuquerque
- Nightlife in Albuquerque
- Restaurants in Albuquerque
- Shopping in Albuquerque
- Warnings and Dangers in Albuquerque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albuquerque
- 72 Reviews
- 234 Photos
- 100 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Albuquerque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albuquerque
- Posted in Travel Roswell Forum "Re: shuttles to the albuquerque..."
- updated a Albuquerque Travel Page "Albuquerque - Where I Live and What to See and Do"
- Commented on one of AlbuqRay's Albuquerque tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Things to Do Around Albuquerque"
- Wrote a Review Transportation Without Car During Balloon Fiesta about Trains & Buses in Albuquerque Transportation
- Uploaded a Video to Albuquerque
Photos in AlbuquerqueSee All Photos (234)
Videos in AlbuquerqueSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues