"Menlo Park on El Camino Real" Menlo Park by AlbuqRay
Menlo Park Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 33 photos
Menlo Park is one of a series of residential communities along the historic El Camino Real (Highway 82), i.e., Redwood City, Atherton, Menlo Park, Palo Alto and Mountain View. Kathy Bodovitz has chronicled the long history of the area. It is a beautiful area near Stanford University that has become overpopular and very expensive. At one time the rich people from San Francisco went to Atherton for the summer for warm weather. Their servants lived in Menlo Park. You can still see evidence in Menlo Park of those times.
My aunt and cousin have lived there for many years, and I visit them occasionally. If you bought before the housing got so expensive, it is a great place to live. There are all the benefits of being close to Stanford University, excellent restaurants, wonderful farmers' markets, and near perfect weather.
The south boundary of Menlo Park borders Palo Alto and Stanford University. There are all the cultural and sports opportunities at Stanford that a person could need. The Stanford Mall is close also.
The farmers' markets in the Menlo Park area reflect the perfect weather there. The amount and quality of the locally grown fruit, vegetables and flowers are almost unbelievable. Finding healthy, organically grown food is easy; just pop down to the farmers' market on Sunday morning. See my travelogues on the Menlo Park Farmers' Market and the Mountain View Farmers' Market.
- Pros:Great location and weather; excellent restaurants
- Cons:High cost of living, especially housing
- In a nutshell:Once for servants, now must be affluent to live there
The Menlo Park area not only has top notch medical care for people, it also has first class health care for their pets.... more travel advice
The JZ Cool Eatery is on Santa Cruz Avenue in downtown Menlo Park. It is owned by the same people who own the Cool Cafe... more travel advice
Written Dec 29, 2005
Menlo Park Farmers' Market
Written Dec 29, 2005
Mountain View Farmers' Market
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Menlo Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Menlo Park on El Camino Real"
- "This isn't Edison's Menlo Park..."
- "MENLO PARK, CALIFORNIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Menlo Park
- Transportation in Menlo Park
- Restaurants in Menlo Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Menlo Park
- 5 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Menlo Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Menlo Park
Photos in Menlo ParkSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues