Northern Thailand Hotel Tips by AlbuqRay Top 5 Page for this destination
Northern Thailand Hotels: 20 reviews and 34 photos
Spas Fed from Natural Hot Springs
In 2001 this was one of my favorite places in Thailand. The Pai Hotsprings Spa Resort (formerly Thapai Spa Camping Resort) is located on the Pai River about a 10 minute drive south of the village of Pai. Thapai Spa Camping was not a campground at all. It was a beautiful place with comfortable rooms that were 600 baht (~$15) with fan in 2001. It seems that the standard rooms have gone up to 1400 baht now. The rooms had an adjacent spa and were surrounded by beautiful gardens. There was an open air dining room. The entrees featured vegetables from their own garden. The food was quite good but not as inexpensive as the rooms. Reviews in 2012 are mixed. It sounds like the resort may not have been maintained well.
Unique Qualities: In 2001 you could relax in any of several clean spas heated by nearby mineral hot springs. Each group of rooms had its own spa but all spas were open to everyone. There was also a large central swimming pool. In 2001 it was a short walk to Thom's elephant ride (600 baht for 1.5 hours).
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: South of Pai, Thailand, on Route 1095
More Reviews (11)
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Northern Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A short trip through Northern Thailand"
- "Northern Thailand - Higher, Cooler and Amazing"
- "Chiang Mai, Golden Triangle & Northern Thailand"
- "Northern Thailand"
- "Chiang Mai also under re-construction"
- "a day or two in the north"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northern Thailand
- Hotels in Northern Thailand
- Transportation in Northern Thailand
- Nightlife in Northern Thailand
- Restaurants in Northern Thailand
- Shopping in Northern Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Northern Thailand
- See All...
Explore the World
- InterContinental Dar El Iman Madinah
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello
- Residence Inn Marriott Weston
- La Casa Que Canta
- Somerset Gordon Place
- Andaman Teal House
- Bayview Hotel Melaka
- Familia Hotel
- Biscayne Suites
- Montazah Sheraton Hotel
- Playa Costa Verde Hotel
- Premier Inn Hull City Centre
- Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel
- Hotel Pasike
Badges & Stats in Northern Thailand
- 12 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Northern Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northern Thailand
- Posted in Travel La Paz Forum "Re: how to get to Lake Titicaca"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Long-Neck Kayan Women"
- updated a Northern Thailand Travel Page "Northern Thailand - Higher, Cooler and Amazing"
- Commented on one of AlbuqRay's Northern Thailand tips
- Wrote a Review Multiple Spas and Homegrown Food in Northern Thailand Hotels
Photos in Northern ThailandSee All Photos (38)
Read real reviews about Northern Thailand Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (42)
Top Northern Thailand hotels
- Chiang Mai Hotels
- 1863 Reviews - 4727 Photos
- Chiang Rai Hotels
- 231 Reviews - 676 Photos
- Pai Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Sukhothai Hotels
- 223 Reviews - 744 Photos
- Mae Sai Hotels
- 76 Reviews - 202 Photos
- Kamphaeng Phet Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 184 Photos
- Mae Hong Son Hotels
- 126 Reviews - 297 Photos
- Lampang Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 319 Photos
- Chiang Saen Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 99 Photos
- Si Satchanalai Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 79 Photos
- Phitsanulok Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 158 Photos
- Phichit Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Phetchabun Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Ban Chang Phuak Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Ban Mae Salong Noi Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 60 Photos