"New Mexico, Earth, But Out of this World" Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico by AlbuqRay
New Mexico Travel Guide: 4,235 reviews and 10,455 photos
New Mexico, Earth is an especially nice place to live and/or visit. There are many interesting things to do and see but you must be willing to drive long distances. My general tips include suggested itineraries from forum replies. See also my Albuquerque tips and travelogues for western and southern New Mexico, as well as trips from Albuquerque to Arizona, Colorado and Nevada. Although one might consider all of New Mexico "off-the-beaten-path," I have included some of my favorite places in those tips.
These mountains to the east of Albuquerque are named "sandia" after the watermelon color they show at sunset. This is the west side (facing Albuquerque). The east side has evergreen forests. Much of New Mexico is like this, i.e., when you gain a little altitude, you get cooler weather and trees.
Most people hear about New Mexico via Santa Fe or the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. However, Roswell is also famous in its own way. See my off the beaten path tips below for more details about Roswell.
- Pros:Many natural wonders and historical sites
- Cons:Big state - it's a long way between things
- In a nutshell:The blending of three cultures in people, landscape and history are enchanting
On 16 Oct 2012 I made a day trip to find the stone wings in the Bisti (pronounced "Bis-tah" in Navajo) Wilderness. I had... more travel advice
Suenos encantados means "enchanted dreams" and the name definitely fits. It is a lovely, quiet location with wild elk... more travel advice
- See All 2012 Jujube Workshop & Road Trip...
- See All Shuttles to ABQ Airport from Northern NM
- See All Options for Anthropology in New Mexico
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
New Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Enchantment"
- "New Mexico, Earth, But Out of this World"
- "One of our 50 is missing!"
- "UNIQUE CULTURE AMONGST SOUTHWEST GRANDUER"
- "Land of Varied Scenery"
- "New Mexican Legends ...."
- "Our Land of Enchantment"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Mexico
- Hotels in New Mexico
- Transportation in New Mexico
- Nightlife in New Mexico
- Restaurants in New Mexico
- Shopping in New Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in New Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Mexico
- 205 Reviews
- 898 Photos
- 216 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to New Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Mexico
- Posted in Travel New Mexico Forum "Re: Pawn Jewelry"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bisti Wilderness"
- Wrote a Review Bisti Wilderness in New Mexico Off The Beaten Path
- updated a New Mexico Travel Page "New Mexico, Earth, But Out of this World"
- Uploaded a Video to New Mexico
- Commented on one of Martinewezel's New Mexico travel pages
Photos in New MexicoSee All Photos (898)
Videos in New MexicoSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues