"Northwest Darwin" Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin by AlbuqRay
Darwin Travel Guide: 695 reviews and 2,097 photos
I intentionally avoided the touristy area of Darwin and stayed in the northwest part both times that I was there (before and after the Alice Springs VT Meet in August 2010). I wanted to stay within walking distance of the places that I wanted to see: Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, Darwin Ski Club, Nightcliff Foreshore, Fannie Bay Gaol Museum, and George Brown Botanic Gardens. Also, the lodging prices were much more reasonable in the Rapid Creek and Fannie Bay parts of town.
- Pros:Beautiful beach away from the main tourist areas
- Cons:Limited (but good) nearby restaurant options
- In a nutshell:Beach, museums and botanical garden are convenient
The paths from the Rainforest Loop either go north to the Shade Garden and Tiwi Wet Forest, or to the west to the... more travel advice
Rainforest loop is one of the main things to do at the George Brown Botanic Gardens. The path is about a 0.5 km loop up... more travel advice
- See All Fannie Bay Gaol - Remand Section
- See All Tasty Turkish Food
- Crocodiles, Box Jelly Fish & Blue-Green...
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Darwin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darwin (where i live and now my home) 1997 -"
- "DARWIN AND DISTRICT"
- "Northwest Darwin"
- "Capital City Of Australia's Northern Territory"
- "Darwin & Surrounds - Land of Many Contrasts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Darwin
- Hotels in Darwin
- Transportation in Darwin
- Nightlife in Darwin
- Restaurants in Darwin
- Shopping in Darwin
- Warnings and Dangers in Darwin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Darwin
- 50 Reviews
- 286 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Darwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Darwin
- Posted in Travel Angkor Wat Forum "Re: Restaurant Ta Prom"
- updated a Darwin Travel Page "Northwest Darwin"
- Wrote a Review Botanic Gardens - Tropical Savannah about George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens in Darwin Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Botanic Gardens - Tropical Savannah"
- Uploaded a Video to Darwin
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Darwin travel pages
Photos in DarwinSee All Photos (286)
Videos in DarwinSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues