"Coroico - A Place to Relax" Coroico by AlbuqRay
Coroico Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 111 photos
Coroico is located in the Yungas on the foothills of Cerro Uchumachi at an elevation of 1760 meters (5774 feet). Located between the dry, cold highlands and the steamy lowlands, it is said the weather is like perpetual Spring there.
The Coroico area is excellent for agriculture (citrus, coffee, tobacco, etc.) and is one of the primary coca growing regions. It is certainly a quiet town and a great place to just relax. In the picture, the town of Coroico is on the right. The world's most dangerous road can be seen on the left.
To get from La Paz to Coroico, you go through La Cumbre. It is a 4800 meter pass over the Cordillera Real, so the snowy mountains are even higher.
- Pros:Great weather and views; peaceful place
- Cons:Dangerous roads to get there
- In a nutshell:No better place to relax
You could have a nice buffet lunch and enjoy this view. more travel advice
If you have kids, you could take them to the playground and have this view. more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Coroico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coroico - A Place to Relax"
- "Death Road"
- "most breathtaking mountain -bike downhill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coroico
- Hotels in Coroico
- Transportation in Coroico
- Restaurants in Coroico
- Warnings and Dangers in Coroico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coroico
- 16 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Coroico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coroico
Photos in CoroicoSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues