Potosí Favorite Tips by AlbuqRay Top 5 Page for this destination
Potosí Favorites: 18 reviews and 17 photos
Favorite thing: You never know when or where you will find University of Florida alumni. This guy was helping restore Iglesia de San Benito in Potosi.
Roberto's Mine Map
Favorite thing: Roberto Mendez was my guide in Potosi. He is a former miner and really knows his way around. Twenty-five years ago, he pioneered the tours that go into the Cerro Rico mines. I met him through Fremen Tours but he also has his own company. He is a character and fun to be with. He also sings at the Belen Theater on Plaza 6 de Agosto some evenings. That is also where you can find him to arrange a tour. You may email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to notice the El Tio ring he wears. Be forewarned, you need to be in reasonable shape to keep up with him on the walking part of the tour. Potosi is built on the side of a mountain at 4100 m. and has steep streets.
Fondest memory: Having kala phurka with Roberto at the Dona Eugenia restaurant in Potosi (see my restaurant tips and Richiecdisc's General Tips).
More Reviews (20)
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Potosí Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Potosi and the Fabled Mountain of Silver"
- "Getting more than my fill in Potosi"
- "Potosí (3.977m)"
- "Highest City in the World"
- "IT COSTS A POTOSI!!!"
- "Sumaj Orcko (Magnificent Mountain)"
- "high beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Potosí
- Hotels in Potosí
- Transportation in Potosí
- Nightlife in Potosí
- Restaurants in Potosí
- Shopping in Potosí
- Warnings and Dangers in Potosí
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rockhampton Hotels
- Singosari Hotels
- Salt Springs Hotels
- Castel San Pietro Terme
- Or Yehuda Hotels
Badges & Stats in Potosí
- 22 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Potosí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Potosí
Photos in PotosíSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues