"Quiet Village in a Spectacular Setting" Sorata by AlbuqRay
Sorata Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 62 photos
I have only been to Sorata once and that was in Nov 04. It is a beautiful place and a bit off the tourist track about 53 km from Achachachi. It is located at the base of two of the taller the mountains in the Cordillera Real: Illampu, 6,368 m (20,892 ft); and Ancohuma, 6,427 m (21,086 ft). There is not much to do there besides the Gruta de San Pedro, but it is a great place to relax.
Sorata is located in the foothills above a river and is surrounded by mountains.
Sorata is an Aymara village of about 2000 people. If you would like to go trekking or climbing, try the Guia Sorata, which is a local association of guides and porters.
- Pros:A great place to relax
- Cons:A little difficult to get to
- In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful settings in Bolivia
When we were driving to Sorata, there was some kind of religious or shaman ceremony going on at a small lake in the... more travel advice
Gruta de San Pedro is a large cave about 12 km from Sorata. Some people walk there but it takes 2 -3 hours each way.... more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Sorata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiet Village in a Spectacular Setting"
- "Pictures of Sorata"
- "Out of the mountains and into the hills"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorata
- Hotels in Sorata
- Transportation in Sorata
- Restaurants in Sorata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sorata
- 7 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Sorata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorata
Photos in SorataSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues