"Tiahuanaco or Tiwanaku?" Top 5 Page for this destination Tiahuanaco by AlbuqRay
Tiahuanaco Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 123 photos
The railroad is now abandoned but the tracks still run in front of the old museum building. The old railroad station sign says Tiahuanaco.
The sign at the entrance to the outdoor archaeological area says Tiwanaku. The Akapana pyramid is in the background.
There are some fascinating websites about Tiahuanaco's mysteries and age. The article, "Tiahuanaco, Archaeoastronomy and Cataclysmic Myths" by Martin Gray is especially interesting. However, one should also read the counterresponse.
- Pros:Ancient site with both museum and outdoor venues
- Cons:Still many unexplained mysteries
- In a nutshell:Only a glance at an ancient widespread South American civilization
Don't make the mistake that I did when you go to Tiahuanaco/Tiwanaku. I saw the small sign for Puma Punku but did not... more travel advice
To the north of the Kalasasaya is a small pit with another monolith called Estatua sin Cabeza. The head does seem to be... more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Tiahuanaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tiahuanaco or Tiwanaku?"
- "The Tihuanaco empire, the root of Aymara"
- "Once upon a time, before the incas..."
- "Layers of controversy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiahuanaco
- Hotels in Tiahuanaco
- Transportation in Tiahuanaco
- Nightlife in Tiahuanaco
- Shopping in Tiahuanaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Tiahuanaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiahuanaco
- 18 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Tiahuanaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiahuanaco
Photos in TiahuanacoSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues