"Tagaytay" Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay by AlbuqRay
Tagaytay Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 846 photos
Tagaytay is a small town located on the north rim of the outer Taal volcano. It is about 2 hrs. drive south of Manila. Because it's elevation is around 600 meters, it is slightly cooler, especially at night. This makes it ideal for growing fruit and flowers. However, it is it's view of the Taal Volcano and Lake that draws people there. We did not spend much time in Tagaytay. We took the steep road down to Talisay and stayed on the lake itself. See my tips and travelogues on Talisay.
- Pros:Magnificent views; cooler climate
- Cons:Busier and more expensive than Talisay
- In a nutshell:Stop for views and buco pie but stay on the lake
The Grandview Complex is a small shopping area next to the traffic circle in Tagaytay. You can park for free there and... more travel advice
Colette's is famous for its buko pie. There are many locations that sell it in Tagaytay. This one looked the nicest and... more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Tagaytay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highlands and the Lowlands"
- "Dine, Stay, Play and Pray"
- "Tagaytay - Lovely Place on a Volcano"
- "Tagaytay City - The City of Smiles"
- "Philippines : what a beautiful place"
- "Tagaytay - A Little Town South of Manila"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tagaytay
- Hotels in Tagaytay
- Transportation in Tagaytay
- Nightlife in Tagaytay
- Restaurants in Tagaytay
- Shopping in Tagaytay
- Warnings and Dangers in Tagaytay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tagaytay
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Tagaytay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tagaytay
- Posted in Travel Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Forum "Re: Guided Tour or self-guided tour"
- updated a Tagaytay Travel Page "Tagaytay"
- Commented on one of arasnosliw's Tagaytay travel pages
- Wrote a Review Free Parking With View in Tagaytay Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Free Parking With View"
Photos in TagaytaySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues