"Starting Point for Mulu and Northern Sarawak Tours" Miri by AlbuqRay
Miri Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 620 photos
Miri is a city of ~300,000 people in northern Sarawak, Malaysia, on the island of Borneo. It has grown mostly due to the oil and logging industries. It is also the starting point for people going to visit the famous caves in Mulu National Park. Most people get to Mulu by flying; however, I wanted to go the "back way" through what was formerly headhunter territory using 4WD's and longboats. I did not actually spend much time in Miri except in transit through the airport. My local destination was the Treetops Lodge, which is in Siwa Village. The village is located about 20 km south of Miri. It is near the ocean (and beach) about 2 km east of the coastal highway. Treetops has an up-country Borneo tour that I took and shall document in detail in the tips, videos and travelogues for the State of Sarawak.
- Pros:Nearest airport to Treetops Lodge
- Cons:Still 20 km away from Siwa Village
- In a nutshell:They even provided a rainbow when I arrived
I typically ate the daily set meal (RM16) for dinner and a snack (RM5) for lunch. I ate local food rather than western... more travel advice
The Treetops Lodge has a pond stocked with tilapia. One day when it was raining, I decided to try fishing (the longhouse... more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Miri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MIRI - THE OIL TOWN"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Miri - Resort City & Gateway to the Wild"
- "Starting point"
- "Miri - Starting point for National Parks and more!"
- "MIRI FOR A DAY!"
- "My hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miri
- Hotels in Miri
- Transportation in Miri
- Nightlife in Miri
- Restaurants in Miri
- Shopping in Miri
- Warnings and Dangers in Miri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miri
- 7 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Miri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miri
- Posted in Travel Siem Reap Forum "Re: How do we spend 8 Days in..."
- updated a Miri Travel Page "Starting Point for Mulu and Northern Sarawak Tours"
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Water Village" Common Areas and Rooms"
- Wrote a Review Set Meals and Snacks in Miri Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Miri
- Commented on one of longsanborn's Miri travel pages
Photos in MiriSee All Photos (51)
Videos in MiriSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues