"Long Bedian and Tenyok Rimba Resort" Long Bedian by AlbuqRay
Long Bedian Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
I spent less than one hour in Long Bedian, so I don't know much about it. We came by longboat from Long Atip and got out on a muddy river bank in what I shall call a Long Bedian "suburb." We then walked to the commercial district where the shops and cafes are located. I waited in the Uvung Tam Services shop while Nuh found our ride to the Tenyok Rimba jungle resort, a community run resort about 30 minutes drive from downtown (see my transportation tip), where I spent three fascinating days.
As I understand it, the commercial district and resort have kept Long Bedian from being like other longhouses, i.e., where many people move to the cities to find jobs. JourneyMalaysia tells us that "Long Bedian’s community is made up of a population 1,686 with 180 houses. The majority are Kayan with a mix of Kelabit, Kenyah, Morek , Penan and other smaller tribes. Long Bedian is the main trading point for the nomadic Penans to trade their jungle ware." Long Bedian even has a helipad.
I found a VT member from Long Bedian; however, ebedian has not signed in since 2003. He has a map of Long Bedian and pictures of the Tenyok Rimba jungle resort being built in his travelogue. The external web page that he references looks like the longhouse's website and gives some interesting information also. VT's Long Bedian link is strangely directly under the Malaysia link and is difficult to find. I just put this introduction here to refer people to my primary tips, travelogues and videoclips on the Long Bedian area, which are under State of Sarawak.
- Pros:Friendly people and unique shopping
- Cons:Remote and difficult to get to
- In a nutshell:Fascinating cultural experience in the Borneo jungle
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Long Bedian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The next to the jungle modern Kayan Villages"
- "Long Bedian and Tenyok Rimba Resort"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Long Bedian
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Long Bedian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Long Bedian
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues