"Good Stopover for Kampong Thom Province Sites" Kampong Thum by AlbuqRay
Kampong Thum Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 26 photos
The express buses between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap make one stop during their 6-hour trip. It is in Kampong Thom. It is a small town on NH6 about midway between the two cities. However, if you go north on NH64, it is only about a one hour drive from Kampong Thom to the 7th century pre-Angkorian Chenla capital of Sambor Prei Kuk.
There was not much change in Kampong Thom in one year; however, when they finish NH66 (the road that connects Phnom Dek, Preah Khan of Kampong Svay, and Beng Mealea), Kampong Thom will become a much more popular stopover.
NH6 crosses the Stung Sen River in Kampong Thom. This picture is looking east with downtown in the background. The lady in the foreground is washing her laundry in the river. It's quite a contrast to the busy downtown area. See also a videoclip.
- Pros:Good location between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap
- Cons:Not many choices for hotels and restaurants
- In a nutshell:Convenient stopover on the Stung Sen River for Sambor Prei Kuk
Don't say no until you try them. The crickets turned out to be quite tasty but the beetles were too crunchy. Cooked,... more travel advice
AlbuqRay's Related Pages
Kampong Thum Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kampong Thum
- 3 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Kampong Thum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Thum
- Posted in Travel Albuquerque Forum "Re: Itinerary question"
- updated a Kampong Thum Travel Page "Good Stopover for Kampong Thom Province Sites"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good Stopover for Kampong Thom Province Sites"
- Uploaded a Video to Kampong Thum
- Wrote a Review Tasty Protein Snack - Crickets! in Kampong Thum Restaurants
Photos in Kampong ThumSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 111 reviews, 574 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 64 reviews, 334 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sarawak Intro, 57 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 50 reviews, 286 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 72 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macdonnell Ranges Intro, 41 reviews, 260 photos, 10 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 45 reviews, 219 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 50 reviews, 199 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mataranka Intro, 27 reviews, 215 photos, 11 travelogues