"Brandon - it's home for those working in Jackson" Brandon by Diego_dog
Brandon Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 2 photos
There is nothing “touristy” about Brandon MS, but rather a place where you may either spend the night at a hotel if traveling on I-20, or are looking for more upscale (overpriced) real estate in the suburbs of Jackson MS. The city does boast of having a historically low crime rate, but it does have its share of problems as any other city. Brandon is inside of Rankin County, and as such, it is what’s called a “dry county” (“dry county” traditionally means that no type of drinking alcohol is sold). You can only purchase beer (not wine or wiskey, just beer) between the hours of 8 AM and 11PM Monday thru Saturday, and it is not for sale on Sunday or during an election. You might be able to tell, conservative evangelical Christian philosophies run deep and strong in this part of the country, and no less so in Brandon MS.
The selection of restaurants in Brandon is VERY poor. Most (not all) of the “restaurants” are fast food chain eateries such as: Taco Bell, Sonny’s B-B-Que, McDonalds, Krystal, Ci-Ci’s Pizza, Popeye’s Fried Chicken, KFC, and McAlister’s Deli. There are a couple of steakhouses in the area, but due to the weird liquor laws of Rankin County, the restaurants will only offer beer (Budweiser or Coors) with your steak. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for fine dining, as you will not find it in Brandon (much less in Rankin County).
- Pros:Low crime, decent real estate, located close to the airport
- Cons:Non-existant night life, too many strip malls, EVERYONE asks "what church do you attend?", lack of fine dinning (only fast-food chains), closed minded society (not friendly to foreigners)
- In a nutshell:A small town city, that want's to remain as a small town in the south
The Day’s Inn in Brandon is located directly next to a busy (and NOISY) Interstate and a railroad. You’ll hear a... more travel advice
Motorist traveling on I-20 (East from Pearl and West from Pelahatchie) would be very wise to reduce their speed before... more travel advice
Diego_dog's Related Pages
Brandon Travel Guide
- Hotels in Brandon
- Transportation in Brandon
- Restaurants in Brandon
- Warnings and Dangers in Brandon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brandon
- 8 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Brandon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brandon
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jackson Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Lufkin Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Brandon Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Houston Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.