"Fortaleza Sunny all year long" Top 5 Page for this destination Fortaleza by CactusJim

Fortaleza Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 562 photos

Sunny Fortaleza

Fortaleza is the capital and biggest city in the northeastern state of Ceara. It has lots of beaches, shops, malls, and nice hotels. There is a water park here, tons of crafts, restaurants, and some nice architecture, besides that there is a whole lot of SUN. It is worth visiting if you are coming to Brazil, it is a lot cheaper that the south of Brazil. And if you like the beach and the sun you will not be disappointed. If you are heading to the South of Brazil from Europe and have the time, consider a direct flight from Lisbon to Fortaleza and a small stopover to unwind before continuing on.

Remember to bring your sunscreen

Fortaleza located in the state of Ceara in the Brazilian Northeast is sunny all year long. The average temperature is Hot! If you come bring sunscreen wherever you are coming from because I guarantee you can get it cheaper there than here.

Leave you fancy junk at home.

If your coming to Fortaleza leave all that fancy flibbidy flab at home where it is safe. Leave all those fancy watches, fancy rings, fancy necklaces and fancy shoes at home and you will not have any problem enjoying the sunny beaches and friendly culture of Fortaleza.

This page is about Fortaleza, not the small towns that have their own wonderful beaches within the state of Ceara. If you want to find out about other towns in Ceara check my other tip pages. This one deals with Fortaleza and all the great things this great city has to offer.

My wife is from here and I did live there for a little over a year. I know where the good stuff is and I know where the bad stuff is, so I will try to share my knowledge the best that I can. I will also try to share a lot of "Off the beaten path" type info. Everyone wants to tell about the same tourist trap info. I will try to give you some neat less traveled info along with the other stuff, and of course I will tell the best places to eat, not the ones the guy at the front desk gets a kickback to tell you about!

One last thing, Fortaleza is a great city with many, many wonderful people 99% that being said the whole point of "leave your fancy junk at home" is because it is a big city and there is crime, you have to take the good with the bad. Some people try to downplay the risks, I would rather be informed and take whatever precautions I can to protect myself and make myself less of a target.

• Pros:Great climate, great people, great place to visit
  • Cons:it is getting more dangerous in Fortaleza so just use your head and be safe!
  • In a nutshell:Relax and enjoy a hot, sun filled paradise.
  • Last visit to Fortaleza: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 20, 2006

CactusJim Used To Live Here!

CactusJim

“See everything once!”

Badges & Stats in Fortaleza

Have you been to Fortaleza?

Friends