"Hallstatt - a tiny town" Hallstatt by ringleader
Hallstatt Travel Guide: 225 reviews and 719 photos
We drove into the Austrian Alps and enjoyed the little town of Halstatt. It only took a 10 minute walk to get from one side of town to the other.
Halstatt and the surrounding area was a most lovely place with green, sloping hills dotted with Alpine cottages; local Austrian men cutting hay with a scythe and raking the fallen grass into little mounds; and cows grazing in the pastures among the wildflowers. Beyond the sloping hills you can see mightier, snow-covered mountain peaks that add such a touch to the scene it quite takes your breath away and makes you wish you could park your bags in the midst of it all for a great, long while to drink in all of the loveliness.
Halstatt is a tiny, little Austrian village sandwiched between a steep mountain and a lovely, aqua-green lake. We walked through the entire town in a pleasant, ten-minute walk.
Salzbergwerks also has a salt mine tour available here. I understand it is different than the one we saw in Berchtesgaden.
- Pros:Hallstatt is a nice destination for a day's trip through the Alps.
- Cons:We don't recommend that you stay in Hallstatt. Try the SportHotel in Annaberg. It is a 4-star hotel at a good rate.
- In a nutshell:You can see it in 30 minutes!
ringleader's Related Pages
Hallstatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hallstatt . . . my inspiration"
- "Heavenly Hallstatt......."
- "Hallstatt - Picturesque UNESCO village"
- "Hallstatt...it’s paradise!"
- "Beautiful Hallstatt"
- "Historical, magical, beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hallstatt
- Hotels in Hallstatt
- Transportation in Hallstatt
- Nightlife in Hallstatt
- Restaurants in Hallstatt
- Shopping in Hallstatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Hallstatt
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hallstatt
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hallstatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hallstatt
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremerhaven Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Lancaster Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Jedburgh Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Versailles Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Haines Intro, 10 reviews
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Inverness Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
Latest Hallstatt hotel reviews
- Pension Hallberg
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2012
- Seehotel Gruner Baum
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- Gasthof Simony
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Gasthof Zauner
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Gasthof Hirlatz
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- 1 Review & Opinion