"Jedburgh in the Scottish Borderlands" Jedburgh by ringleader
Jedburgh Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 102 photos
As we drove through Jedburgh, we caught a glimpse of magnificent flowers lining the road in front of some drab-brown houses. They surely changed the look of the houses! We kept walking up and down in front of the houses, taking in the beautiful colors and textures. Even the pictures and video we took can't capture just how pretty they were.
We spent a few hours touring around the town, going to the visitor's center, and taking photos.
We didn't actually get to go in the Jedburgh Abbey or Mary Queen of Scots' house, but the outside views were wonderful.
If you plan to be seeing a lot of castles and historic properties during your visit, you should take advantage of the Historic Scotland Explorers' pass available at any Historic Scotland property. (Jedburgh Abbey is one of those properties.)
Also, take a look at the Melrose and Saint Boswell's pages that I have up. They're as connected to Jedburgh as peanut butter is to jelly. A day trip into the border lands from Edinburgh is easily do-able!!!
We saw many, many flowers along the walkways. If you are in Jedburgh during the summer, you really should take a couple hours to walk around town and visit the abbey. We also ate lunch at the Simply Scottish Restaurant (see restaurant tips), which finished off our pleasant experience.
Check our "must see" activities for photos of the abbey and Mary's House.
- Pros:Beautiful during flowering season!
- In a nutshell:Visiting Jedburgh is a great afternoon trip.
Jedburgh Abbey has a 5-star grading. This information from their site: "One of the border abbeys, founded by David I... more travel advice
You can make an appointment in the visitor's center in Jedburgh to see the Kerr family's Ferniehirst Castle. Coming from... more travel advice
ringleader's Related Pages
Jedburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jedburgh in the Scottish Borderlands"
- "Jedburgh Page"
- "The Scottish Borders"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jedburgh
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Jedburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jedburgh
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremerhaven Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Lancaster Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Jedburgh Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Versailles Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Haines Intro, 10 reviews
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Inverness Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos