"Little Rock" Little Rock by soundsgoodtome
Little Rock Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 313 photos
I went to Little Rock for a day mainly to see the Clinton Library, but stayed for a few hours more to see downtown and have some lunch. This picture was taken from North Little Rock along the River Trail. Here you can tour the submarine seen in the foreground, but I dont know how much it costs because it was closed when I went. Other than that, there is nothing to see from this side of the river except the skyline and Alltel Arena just behind me.
The Old State House was built in the first half of the 19th century and served as the capitol building for 75 years. It is now a small local history museum that is free to tour, but I did not go in myself.
This is the back side of the Peabody Hotel, with a nice big fountain overlooking the river. The disappointing riverpark is just below here.
- Pros:Has a lot of potential to be a nice city
- Cons:Isn't fully living up to that potential yet
- In a nutshell:Quaint southern river city
The Arkansas River runs through Little Rock, and it wouldn't be right if the city didn't have a park along the river... more travel advice
The River Market District is mainly located along President Clinton Avenue and extends from the convention center to... more travel advice
soundsgoodtome's Related Pages
Little Rock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "frankcanfly's Little Rock Page"
- "little rock arkansas"
- "A Little Time in Little Rock"
- "Little Rock - Great Town to Visit!"
- "Little Rock ROCKS!"
- "There was a LIttle Rock, even before Clinton"
- "Little Rock"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Little Rock
- Hotels in Little Rock
- Transportation in Little Rock
- Nightlife in Little Rock
- Restaurants in Little Rock
- Shopping in Little Rock
- Warnings and Dangers in Little Rock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Little Rock
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Little Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Little Rock
Photos in Little RockSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chattanooga Intro, 36 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Little Rock Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provincia de Puerto Plata Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Knoxville Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jekyll Island Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue