"Quiet Commercial Center on the Columbia River" Wenatchee by glabah
Wenatchee Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 60 photos
I wont go so far as to say that there is nothing to do in Wenatchee, but the fact is that it doesn't have the major tourist attractions of, say, Lake Chelan or Leavenworth. There are some neat small features, a movie theatre, some interesting small restaurants, and a reasonably highly rated museum.
A main line railroad runs through the middle of town. Many of the crossings are on bridges, but a few of them are grade crossings, which means horn blowing.
As there are not the major tourist attractions here, you can probably find a better deal on lodging. It seems to be much cheaper here than in Leavenworth!
The city of Wenatchee has a 1% for public art fund, which helps explain why you will find artwork scattered about the city. Along the riverfront, particularly in Riverfront Park itself, you will find sculptures of all sizes. The heaviest concentration is located in Art on the Avenues Sculpture Park, but you will find a few scattered all up and down the walkway along the river, spread through several parks.
Speaking of walkways along the river, there is a trail loop around the town which crosses the river. The Wenatchee River Loop Trail is a great way to explore several parks along the river and enjoy the local scenery.
Wenatchee is in the dry part of the state west of the Cascade Mountains, so don't expect any large trees here. However, the area is known to be a great place for late fall fruits, and you will find a number of wineries, vinyards, and apple and pear orchards in the area surrounding Wenatchee.
For those wishing to give the kids a little something to do (or those who are young at heart) the Wenatchee Riverfront Railway in Riverfront Park is one little bit of entertainment that may be worth stopping for.
You will find that the ambience is quite a wonderful change. It isn't quite a small town dive bar tavern, but it does... more travel advice
Running a significant loop around the Columbia River through Wenatchee, this trail is a wonderful way to get a bit of a... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Wenatchee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiet Commercial Center on the Columbia River"
- "Wenatchee - Apple Capital of the World"
- "WENATCHEE land of the apple's........"
- "lygchicana's new Wenatchee page"
- "Pennyrama's new Wenatchee Page"
- "Hiking Trip"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wenatchee
- 7 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Wenatchee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wenatchee
- Posted in Travel Washington State Forum "Re: Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in..."
- updated a Wenatchee Travel Page "Quiet Commercial Center on the Columbia River"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Quiet Commercial Center on the Columbia River"
- Wrote a Review Old World Style Public House near Downtown in Wenatchee Restaurants
Photos in WenatcheeSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 368 photos, 33 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue