"Worth Side Trip, but Many Things Closed Until 2013" Top 5 Page for this destination Snoqualmie Falls by glabah
Snoqualmie Falls Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 74 photos
UPDATE: In 2010 a huge construction project at the Snoqualmie Falls hydroelectric facility (sure it looks nice, but the primary purpose of the falls these days is to generate electricity, not look nice) has closed a number of the things here. This includes the lower part of the park accessible from Fish Hatchery Road, plus the trail to the lower part of the park from the upper part of the park. Even the railroad museum is unable to operate their current normal timetable, and trains do not do the trip west from Snoqualmie to view the falls. Until 2013 (assuming everything stays on schedule) about the only thing you can do at Snoqualmie Falls is look over the railing from the viewpoint at the falls.
There isn't too much I can add to what most other people have had to say about Snoqualmie Falls: it is one of the impressive waterfalls of western Washington, and if you are visiting Seattle it isn't that far.
In fact, you can actually get here by public transit from Seattle, which isn't true of a lot of these types of natural wonders.
It is also possible to walk to the falls from downtown Snoqualmie.
Due to the popularity of the falls, be prepared for the parking situation at the top of the falls to be a mess during the weekends and other popular tourist times.
Snoqualmie is also the home to a railroad museum, which operates a tourist railroad from Snoqualmie. Traditionally, this tourist railroad operates from its station in downtown Snoqualmie west to a viewpoint of the falls, then east on the line up to North Bend, and then back down the hill to the station in Snoqualmie. As the primary station is located in Snoqualmie, I have covered that one in my Snoqualmie tips, rather than here.
However, the tourist railroad is also not able to operate trains from Snoqualmie to the viewpoints of Snoqualmie Falls until the construction project is over. Train operation is limited to its connection between downtown Snoqualmie to downtown North Bend right now. (Note the item on the timetable about 2/3 of the way down, which states "At this time we are unable to run trains to the top of Snoqualmie Falls".).
The good news is that once the project is completed there will be a new station at Snoqualmie Falls for passengers on the train.
- Pros:Close to Seattle, a Very Impressive Sight
- Cons:Close to Seattle, a Very Popular Attraction
The upper park at Snoqualmie Falls features a small picnic area set aside in the shade. These picnic tables are... more travel advice
For safety reasons, the trail that has connected the lower park off of fish hatchery road to the upper park is closed... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Snoqualmie Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Snoqualmie Falls"
- "Worth Side Trip, but Many Things Closed Until 2013"
- "Snoqualmie Falls, Washington"
- "Snoqualmie Falls, 45mins. drive NW to Seattle"
- "A VISIT TO SNOQUALMIE FALLS"
- "A beautiful place just outside North Bend"
- "Snoqualmie Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Snoqualmie Falls
- Hotels in Snoqualmie Falls
- Transportation in Snoqualmie Falls
- Warnings and Dangers in Snoqualmie Falls
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Snoqualmie Falls
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Snoqualmie Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Snoqualmie Falls
- Posted in Travel North America Forum "Re: 51day trip Salt Lake city..."
- updated a Snoqualmie Falls Travel Page "Worth Side Trip, but Many Things Closed Until 2013"
- Wrote a Review Picnic Lunch in the Shade in Snoqualmie Falls Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Various Ways to Get Here - Driving, Public Transit"
Photos in Snoqualmie FallsSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 163 reviews, 797 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 159 reviews, 655 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 27 reviews, 465 photos, 44 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 209 photos, 16 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues