"Lavender Farms and Views of Olympic Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Sequim by glabah
Sequim Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 78 photos
At one time a small, relaxed community offering services to a mixture of tourists heading to the Olympic Mountains, fishermen, local farmers, and the local lumber industry, Sequim has been discovered by the retirement community. It is no longer the small quiet community on the Olympic Peninsula it once was.
The area has also become a popular place for growing lavender, and there is an annual festival to that end. You will find U-Pick lavender farms and farms that only sell the lavender products that they make themselves, as well as a wide mixture. Each farm is its own unique experience.
Your best guide to the lavender farms is to simply stop into any of several hotels or motels in town and pick up a brocure from the literature rack. There are several different maps available from the Sequim Lavender Associaton.
Sequim is also the gateway to the nearby Dungeness Spit recreation and national wildlife refuge areas.
Located where Priest Road intersects the Olympic Discovery Trail, there is a fir tree with a dead top where the bald... more travel advice
This trail runs along the "North Coast" west from Port Townsend all the way to Lake Crescent and to the Pacific Ocean at... more travel advice
- See All Not Bad for the Price
- Clallam County Transit - Connections to...
- See All Dungeness Recreation Area / Wildlife...
glabah's Related Pages
Sequim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sequim, Olympic Peninsula, Washington"
- "Lavender Farms and Views of Olympic Mountains"
- "Sequim, Washington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequim
- Hotels in Sequim
- Transportation in Sequim
- Nightlife in Sequim
- Restaurants in Sequim
- Shopping in Sequim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequim
- 13 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (288)
Have you been to Sequim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequim
Photos in SequimSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 771 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 720 photos, 75 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 46 reviews, 207 photos, 5 travelogues