"Lavender Farms and Views of Olympic Mountains" Sequim by glabah
Sequim Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 58 photos
At one time a small, relaxed community offering services to a mixture of tourists heading to the Olympic Mountains, fishermen, local farmers, and the local lumber industry, Sequim has been discovered by the retirement community. It is no longer the small quiet community on the Olympic Peninsula it once was.
The area has also become a popular place for growing lavender, and there is an annual festival to that end. You will find U-Pick lavender farms and farms that only sell the lavender products that they make themselves, as well as a wide mixture. Each farm is its own unique experience.
Your best guide to the lavender farms is to simply stop into any of several hotels or motels in town and pick up a brocure from the literature rack. There are several different maps available from the Sequim Lavender Associaton.
Sequim is also the gateway to the nearby Dungeness Spit recreation and national wildlife refuge areas.
While it is hardly a huge bustling city, Sequim and the surrounding area are connected to the outside world through... more travel advice
Clallam County Parks operates a campground located at the north end of Sequim, inside the Dungeness Recreation Area.... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Sequim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sequim, Olympic Peninsula, Washington"
- "Lavender Farms and Views of Olympic Mountains"
- "Sequim, Washington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequim
- Hotels in Sequim
- Transportation in Sequim
- Nightlife in Sequim
- Restaurants in Sequim
- Shopping in Sequim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequim
- 8 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (259)
Have you been to Sequim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequim
Photos in SequimSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 176 reviews, 904 photos, 24 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 161 reviews, 675 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 597 photos, 60 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 88 reviews, 386 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 53 reviews, 197 photos, 4 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 43 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues