"Largest Undeveloped Shore of Lake Washington" Saint Edwards State Park by glabah
Saint Edwards State Park Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 30 photos
NOTE: As of July 1, 2011, a day use fee has been implemented at many Washington State parks. This fee is $10 per day, or a $30 fee for a year pass. There is a $5 fee in addition to the annual pass fee if purchased at one of the many resellers. Please see my Discover Pass tip for a little more about this. For a bit more about Washington State parks in general, please see my Washington State Parks tip. This fee is only required if you drive and park inside the park. As Saint Edwards State Park has transit service nearby, it may be worth considering using that to get to the park.
Saint Edwards State Park holds the distinction of having the largest preserved shore anywhere on Lake Washington.
However, the park is not completely undeveloped. In fact, the park used to be a Roman Catholic seminary, but was closed in the 1970s when the entire education system of the Roman Catholic church was being reorganized.
Today, along with the extensive trail system, there is a swimming pool, a gymnasium, picnic facilities, and a very popular playground.
The official state parks web site is at:
- Pros:Lots of Trails, Picnic Facilities, Forest Covering
- Cons:Busy road at entrance to park has very narrow shoulders that make risky bike pathways.
- In a nutshell:Essentially part of the Seattle metropolitan area and not that far away, and yet in terms of environment in ways an entire world away.
To the south side of the main seminary building, you will find a sprawling complex of play structure. As you would hope... more travel advice
In some places, the trails have been made intentionally more challenging for those mountain bikers who would like to try... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Saint Edwards State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Largest Undeveloped Shore of Lake Washington"
- Create a Saint Edwards State Park Travel Page
- Things to Do in Saint Edwards State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Edwards State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Edwards State Park
- 6 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Saint Edwards State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Edwards State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Foursquare or Yelp."
- updated a Saint Edwards State Park Travel Page "Largest Undeveloped Shore of Lake Washington"
- Wrote a Review Extensive Playground Facilities in Saint Edwards State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Extensive Playground Facilities"
- Uploaded a Video to Saint Edwards State Park
Photos in Saint Edwards State ParkSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 163 reviews, 797 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 159 reviews, 655 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 27 reviews, 465 photos, 44 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 209 photos, 16 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues