"Seattle's Old Money Neighborhood" Queen Anne by glabah
Queen Anne Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 45 photos
While in recent decades Queen Anne can no longer compete with such places as Vashion Island or Bainbridge Island for having a reputation for housing Seattle's most wealthy residents, this neighborhood just north of Seattle has a reputation going back over 120 years for being the place to live in Seattle - if you had enough money.
And the reason should be fairly clear. How can one not awake with a passion with a view like this every morning? Well, OK, so maybe the view isn't very good from street level, but that is Mount Rainier in the background, just above the house tops. If the view were taken at window height on the house, you could see downtown Seattle and Elliott Bay in the forground.
(OK, a view like this every morning, on those days when the weather is clear!)
But, while Queen Anne has a reputation for being a place for the wealthy, the fact is a significant number of wonderful views are available to the general public. This is the home of Seattle's famous Kerry Park, for example. This is a place for the elite, but it predates the concept of the "gated community" where the streets themselves are closed to the public.
Due to the hill upon which it sits, lesser known places with beautiful views abound in Queen Anne. Walking around the community around Kerry Park will lead you to such places as the Betty Bowen Viewpoint and Kinnear Park. Just a walk down some streets, such as 8th Place West, provide spectacular views as well.
- Pros:Home of one of Seattle's Must See Attractions - Kerry Park. Good transit service.
- Cons:You have to have a lot of money to live here. Steep hills mean walking isn't easy.
- In a nutshell:While it is mostly residential land on the high price range, there are some things here that should not be missed - Kerry Park being the foremost of them.
Located just slightly north of the Seattle Center, and towards the south end of the Queen Anne neighborhood, this little... more travel advice
While Elliott Bay Park is a wonderful waterfront park running from downtown Seattle and the Olympic Sculpture Park to... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Queen Anne Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Queen Anne
- 8 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Queen Anne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queen Anne
Photos in Queen AnneSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 155 reviews, 752 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 153 reviews, 646 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 81 reviews, 358 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 312 photos, 26 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 25 reviews, 208 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 19 reviews, 198 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 31 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremerton Intro, 22 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues