"Old Norwegian Settlement turned Tourist Attraction" Poulsbo by glabah
Poulsbo Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 58 photos
Founded in the 1880s by Norwegian immigrants, and thus attracting more Scandanavian (but mostly those from Norway and Finland) settlers as time went on, Poulsbo started off with a Scandanavian appearance and feel to it.
Today, the old downtown retains part of that old world feel, though the fact that hundreds of tourists drive through town every day and try to find a parking place doesn't add too much to that environment.
Even so, you will find some unique features here.
Unlike Leavenworth, which created its Bavarian appearance over several decades of building effort, Poulsbo started off with that appearance.
None of this, however, is evident from highway 305 though the upper part of town. There you will find strip malls and suburban development that looks like any other city.
Poulsbo is served by bus services operated by Kitsap Transit, as well as four buses per normal weekday (no operation on... more travel advice
Located on the far north end of downtown Poulsbo, this little park also sits on the edge of Liberty Bay, and is... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Poulsbo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Washington's Little Norway"
- "Old Norwegian Settlement turned Tourist Attraction"
- "Kayak Liberty Bay"
- "Small Town Across the Sound"
- "Viking Village"
- "jgemini says, "Velkommen til Poulsbo!""
- "Poulsbo, WA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poulsbo
- Hotels in Poulsbo
- Transportation in Poulsbo
- Restaurants in Poulsbo
- Shopping in Poulsbo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poulsbo
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (244)
Have you been to Poulsbo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poulsbo
Photos in PoulsboSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 171 reviews, 881 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 160 reviews, 670 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 540 photos, 53 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 241 photos, 20 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 53 reviews, 197 photos, 4 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 192 photos, 6 travelogues