"Unfortunately, No Longer Paradise" Paradise Point State Park by glabah
Paradise Point State Park Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
NOTE: As of July 1, 2011, a day use fee has been implemented at many Washington State parks. This fee is $10 per day, or a $30 fee for a year pass. There is a $5 fee in addition to the annual pass fee if purchased at one of the many resellers. Please see my Discover Pass tip for a little more about this. For a bit more about Washington State parks in general, please see my Washington State Parks tip.
Before Interstate 5 came through, Paradise Point was so named as it was an idyllic spot on a bend in the Lewis River.
Today, six lanes of heavy noisy traffic cut through the area and make the spot considerably less like paradise.
The park offers 88 acres, including access to the river, 58 tent camping spaces, 18 camping spaces with utility hookup, two yurts, and several restrooms with showers.
The day use area is near Interstate 5, but it is possible to get fairly far away from the Interstate. There are several picnic tables with barbecue stands.
Despite the noise, the park does offer some wildlife viewing opportunities as occasional water birds come down the river.
The waterfront along the Lewis River allows some small hand-carried water craft to be put into the river here. There is... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Paradise Point State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unfortunately, No Longer Paradise"
- Create a Paradise Point State Park Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Paradise Point State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Paradise Point State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paradise Point State Park
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Southwest USA trip in September"
- updated a Paradise Point State Park Travel Page "Unfortunately, No Longer Paradise"
- Wrote a Review Swimming, Boating, Fishing in Paradise Point State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Swimming, Boating, Fishing"
Photos in Paradise Point State ParkSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 368 photos, 33 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue