"Cluster of Villages on Forested Slopes" Orcas Island by glabah
Orcas Island Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 22 photos
The best thing to do is look at a map of the island, as there is no other way to describe it. Free tourist maps are available in a number of locations, and it is best to get one of those to really see what you are dealing with on Orcas Island.
Point your hand downward, outstretching your three middle fingers. This is the basic shape of Orcas Island, with the furthest east prong having resort communities such as Rosario and Moran State Park - one of the gems of the San Juan Islands. The division between the east finger and middle finger is East Sound, and at the northern point of this is the community of Eastsound. The middle finger has, near its southern tip, the community of Orcas, which is where the ferry terminal is located that connects the island to the rest of the outside world. A small amount of farmland exists here as well, but this is rapidly turning into vacation homes. The division between the middle finger and west finger is naturally called West Sound, and the far west finger has a couple of other resorts on it.
There is no true public transit on Orcas Island in the traditional sense, but San Juan Transit does in fact operate a... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Orcas Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Orcas Island... paradise in the Northwest!"
- "Cluster of Villages on Forested Slopes"
- "A Gem in the San Juan Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orcas Island
- Hotels in Orcas Island
- Transportation in Orcas Island
- Restaurants in Orcas Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Orcas Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orcas Island
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Orcas Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orcas Island
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Couple day getaway by myself"
- Wrote a Review Seasonal Transit Bus Service (June to Aug.) in Orcas Island Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seasonal Transit Bus Service (June to Aug.)"
- created a Orcas Island Travel Page "Cluster of Villages on Forested Slopes"
Photos in Orcas IslandSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue