"Visible from Seattle, Yet Whole Different World" Mount Rainier National Park by glabah
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide: 234 reviews and 520 photos
I am throwing in this photo because once you are inside Mount Rainier National Park, the mountain actually seems much smaller than it is. Somehow, through a trick of perspective, standing near the base makes the mountain seem not that much higher than the surrounding 5,000 and 6,000 foot tall peaks surrounding it.
This photo, taken from north of downtown Seattle and some 60 miles (100 km) distant from the summit of the mountain, should dispel that notion. At 14,411 feet (4,392 meters) it can dominate the Seattle skyline even at this distance. It is somewhat more than 3,000 feet taller than Mount Hood, the highest point in Oregon.
The national park containing the mountain is of course one of the popular attractions in the Seattle area. There isn't too much beyond what is currently written by various other VirtualTourist members that I will be able to add, but I hope that some of what I write will be found useful.
This is the most frequently visited area of Mount Rainier National Park, and there are an awful lot of people I have... more travel advice
Located approximately 1 mile from the very popular Paradise visitor's center area, Myrtle Falls is a good destination to... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perfect Everday in its own Special Way:Mt. Rainier"
- "Basaic Mount Rainier National Park Page"
- "WASHINGTON'S MASSIVE GLACIATED GLORY"
- "Mt. Rainier National Park"
- "Mount Rainier National Park"
- "Drive thru Mt Ranier"
- "The Big Volcano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Rainier National Park
- Hotels in Mount Rainier National Park
- Transportation in Mount Rainier National Park
- Nightlife in Mount Rainier National Park
- Restaurants in Mount Rainier National Park
- Shopping in Mount Rainier National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Rainier National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Rainier National Park
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Mount Rainier National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Rainier National Park
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Couple day getaway by myself"
- updated a Mount Rainier National Park Travel Page "Visible from Seattle, Yet Whole Different World"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Box Canyon"
- Wrote a Review Paradise Area: The Basics in Mount Rainier National Park Things to Do
Photos in Mount Rainier National ParkSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue