"Illahee State Park: Camping, Fishing, Picnic Areas" Illahee State Park by glabah
Illahee State Park Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 13 photos
Located just northeast of downtown Bremerton, this park preserves a small section of forest and beach on one of the many waterways that make up Puget Sound.
The park has camping sites, beach access, and short walking trails through the section of forest. Several picnic shelters are scattered through the park, and some these may be reserved. A few of the picnic areas are located right down by the beach so that you may catch, cook, and eat all in the same general area if you so desire (though it should be noted that fish cleaning areas are somewhat limited in most of the picnic areas).
A Discovery Pass or day use fee is required when visiting this state park with your vehicle. If you come by public transit or otherwise on foot, this pass is not required.
This park has a seasonal closure, which starts in late September or early October and runs until early April. For the exact dates please see the Washington State Parks web site closure schedule, which may change from time to time based on weather conditions and other conditions.
- Pros:Dense Forest is a preserve of Forest, no extremely busy streets nearby (though some are moderately so), good picnic spot and beach offers activities. Wintering bird life arrives about time of park's closure.
- Cons:Small state park without extensive hiking trail system or major unique features. Campground only has some spots. Seasonal closure of park.
- In a nutshell:May be a decent place to stop on your way through the area, or a good place to camp if you want economical access to Seattle (1 hour ferry ride from Bremerton).
There isn't too much in Illahee State Park in terms of hiking trails. The primary trail connects the campground area to... more travel advice
State Parks that are open to fishing and shell fishing require a fishing licence for the particular type of fish that... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Illahee State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Illahee State Park: Camping, Fishing, Picnic Areas"
- Create a Illahee State Park Travel Page
- Things to Do in Illahee State Park
- Hotels in Illahee State Park
- Transportation in Illahee State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Illahee State Park
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Illahee State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Illahee State Park
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Detroit to Vegas"
- updated a Illahee State Park Travel Page "Illahee State Park: Camping, Fishing, Picnic Areas"
- Wrote a Review Campground to Beach Trail in Park in Illahee State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Campground to Beach Trail in Park"
Photos in Illahee State ParkSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 360 photos, 32 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue