"Industrial Area becoming Stylish New Center" Fremont by glabah
Fremont Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 123 photos
I attempted to find a good photo that really showed the huge transition between the old industrial and commercial Fremont area used to be and the stylish new modern place to live it has now become.
Probably nothing shows that contrast more sharply than the remains of heavy industry sitting at Gas Works Park next to the riches of the boats on Lake Washington and the new buildings, but unfortunately due to the way Gas Works Park overlooks Lake Washington what you see in the background is not Fremont. Fremont, however, has similar stylish new houses rising behind the back of the photographer.
Besides Gas Works Park, you will find Fremont Canal Park to be another interesting park in the area, and just north of here is Green Lake Park and Woodland Park and the Seattle Zoo.
There are still some old remains of what Fremont used to be as well. Take a look at the Fremont Dock Sports Bar to see if you agree!
Eccentric artwork isn't just limited to The Creatures of Gas Works Park. You will find Fremont Hysterical Markers that guide you to a number of other works. There is probably none that is more famous than the Fremont Troll, though the Statue of Comrade Lenin is also well known. Though, other than Gas Works Park industrial heritage, the Fremont Rocket is by far the largest urban artwork in the area.
Fremont and Ballard are known as upcoming neighborhoods that are slowly loosing their industrial character and are... more travel advice
The good news is that this is an attractive little park that overlooks the east end of the passage between Lake Union... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Fremont Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Center of the Universe"
- "Industrial Area becoming Stylish New Center"
- "Lenin in the USA!"
- "Fremont...Seattle's side trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fremont
- Hotels in Fremont
- Transportation in Fremont
- Nightlife in Fremont
- Restaurants in Fremont
- Shopping in Fremont
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fremont
- 15 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (288)
Have you been to Fremont?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fremont
Photos in FremontSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 771 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 720 photos, 75 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 46 reviews, 207 photos, 5 travelogues