"Welcome to Cape Disappointment" Cape Disappointment State Park by glabah
Cape Disappointment State Park Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 86 photos
This is it: the end of the mighty Columbia River. Where it joins the Pacific Ocean, there is frequent turbulance and storms frequently visit the area. Thus, it is not an easy place to get to by boat, and you can see ships waiting for safe weather to enter and leave the mouth of the river.
This state park was formerly known as "Fort Canby State Park" but was renamed to "Cape Disappointment State Park" for a number of reasons.
One of the most important reasons, of course, is that Cape Disappointment is the name of the actual point of land on which this state park sits!!
NOTE: As of July 1, 2011, a day use fee has been implemented at many Washington State parks. This fee is $10 per day, or a $30 fee for a year pass. There is a $5 fee in addition to the annual pass fee if purchased at one of the many resellers. Please see my Discover Pass tip for a little more about this. For a bit more about Washington State parks in general, please see my Washington State Parks tip.
- Pros:Its at the beach, farther and less visited than other beaches. Cool summers.
- Cons:Busy and Crowded at Times, Sometimes Dark Weather
- In a nutshell:Typical Pacific Northwest Beach: cloudy, windy, but still fun.
Hidden on the far side of the parking lot for the Baker Bay Boat Ramp, you will find an oyster shell trail leading into... more travel advice
As part of the 200th anniversary of the Corps of Discovery / Lewis & Clark Expedition, a series of artworks were... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Cape Disappointment State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not at all disappointing"
- "CAPE DISAPPOINTMENT - FAR FROM IT!"
- "Welcome to Cape Disappointment"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Disappointment State Park
- Hotels in Cape Disappointment State Park
- Transportation in Cape Disappointment State Park
- Restaurants in Cape Disappointment State Park
- Shopping in Cape Disappointment State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Boyds Creek Hotels
- Republic of Montenegro
- Pulau Sampadi Hotels
- Curubandé Hotels
- Porto Ercole
- Pulau Angsa Hotels
- Riomaggiore Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Australia and Oceania
- Rancho Mirage
- Morgan Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Cape Disappointment State Park
- 15 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Cape Disappointment State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Disappointment State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Page Turner"
- Wrote a Review Confluence Project: Baker Bay Viewpoint Platform in Cape Disappointment State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Confluence Project: Baker Bay Viewpoint Platform"
- updated a Cape Disappointment State Park Travel Page "Welcome to Cape Disappointment"
Photos in Cape Disappointment State ParkSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 158 reviews, 783 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 328 photos, 28 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 25 reviews, 208 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 37 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 139 photos