"Beaches and Forest Hiking" Dash Point State Park by glabah
Dash Point State Park Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
NOTE: In July of 2011, Washington State Parks started charging a $10 day use fee, or $30 annual fee, for visiting a state park. See my Discover Pass tip for more information.
While the beach area at Dash Point State Park is fairly small, there are at least quite a number of hiking trails through the forest. Camping facilities are also available here, and while they are not close to Seattle they are quite a bit closer than many other state parks with camping facilities.
Become familiar with the call the Bald Eagle makes, as they are regular visitors to this park. You may not be able to see them very well as they like to stay in the tops of the trees near the beach, but you can certainly hear their odd high pitched horse whinney call coming from way up in the trees.
The beach here is fairly small, especially at high tide. The park is also extremely popular on summer weekends, and the huge parking lot near the beach attests to this. Therefore, it is best to avoid the place during the times that the weather is most agreeable to bringing large crowds here.
There are number of hiking trails that go through the park, as well as connect the park to various surrounding neighborhood streets.
There is a small picnic area that sits on top of the hillside overlooking Puget Sound. It is made up of several picnic... more travel advice
Dash Point State Park is located on the edge of Puget Sound, slightly north of the northern reaches of Tacoma and on the... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Dash Point State Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Dash Point State Park
- Transportation in Dash Point State Park
- Restaurants in Dash Point State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dash Point State Park
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Dash Point State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dash Point State Park
Photos in Dash Point State ParkSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 163 reviews, 797 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 159 reviews, 655 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 27 reviews, 489 photos, 47 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 209 photos, 16 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 176 photos, 4 travelogues