"The Smaller Twin of the (Washington) Twin Cities" Chehalis by glabah
Chehalis Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 43 photos
Chehalis and Centralia have been called "Twin Cities" for quite some years, and the name has stuck well enough that the transit system that serves the two cities is called "Twin Transit".
However, the reality is that Centralia has a more dense downtown while Chehalis is far more spread out, especially along Interstate 5.
However, Chehalis also has a bit more for the tourist to do (Centralia primarily has as its main attraction the large factory outlet mall complexes but few get beyond those). Chehalis has several museums, is the actual current end of the Willapa Hills Trail, and has a set of signs directing visitors to the various things to do.
- Pros:Small Town with A Few Attractive Historic Structures. Most busy roads bypass downtown so easier to walk around town than in Centralia. Several museums and a tourist railroad.
- Cons:Most stores have moved to the suburban areas nearby, so that there isn't much going on in the downtown core. Intercity transit access for most people will require taking a bus from the Amtrak or Greyhound stops in Centralia.
- In a nutshell:Not too bad a place if you are into the things that are here.
The food here is fairly typical of what you would expect at any sports bar: Some burger options, and some taco options.... more travel advice
Generally in the USA there are two types of Mexican restaurant: 1. Those where Mexicans will eat but others are not... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Chehalis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Smaller Twin of the (Washington) Twin Cities"
- "Basaic Chehalis Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chehalis
- Transportation in Chehalis
- Nightlife in Chehalis
- Restaurants in Chehalis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chehalis
- 9 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Chehalis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chehalis
- Posted in Travel Washington State Forum "Re: Washington & Oregon Road Trip..."
- updated a Chehalis Travel Page "The Smaller Twin of the (Washington) Twin Cities"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Smaller Twin of the (Washington) Twin Cities"
- Wrote a Review Downtown with Traditional Pub Grup in Chehalis Restaurants
Photos in ChehalisSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 166 reviews, 865 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 159 reviews, 656 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 27 reviews, 497 photos, 48 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 209 photos, 16 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues