"East of the Lake, and Cut Through by The Freeway" Broadway by glabah
Broadway Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 46 photos
Between 10th Avenue East and Lakeview Blvd East, and crossing Broadway East, there are several staircases that are located where streets probably would have been, had the hillside slope been gradual enough to allow for streets. The above photo was taken from the Howe Street Staircase.
The small business district that is called Broadway sits on the east side of Lake Union, and has any number of small restaurants scattered through it. While it is close to Capitol Hill, and for the most part happens to sit on the same hill, it is separated from Capitol Hill by a short band of residential areas.
Broadway slopes down towards the lake, and thus provides some views of downtown Seattle, while Capitol Hill doesn't necessarily have that much available in terms of views.
Virtually everything I have visited in the Capitol Hill and Broadway areas are mixed in with my Seattle tips, but I have put a small group of photos here as they are of severely localized interest only.
Running along the edge of Lake Union and crammed between the lake, a residential section of Fairview Avenue, and a... more travel advice
Another of the small lake front parks along Lake Union and this lesser used portion of Fairview Avenue, the primary... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Broadway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East of the Lake, and Cut Through by The Freeway"
- Create a Broadway Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Broadway
- 6 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Broadway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Broadway
Photos in BroadwaySee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue