"East Side of Lake Washington, City Unto Itself" Bellevue by glabah
Bellevue Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 60 photos
At one time very much a bedroom community, Bellevue has developed a fairly compact downtown with a number of hihg rise buildings, and is now really very much a city in its own right. The transition in the past 15 years or so has been pretty substantial.
There is a network of trails that connect through the area around Bellevue, and these may be interesting to explore by bike or on foot.
How fast has Bellevue grown?
Fast enough that older, formerly middle class homes now brush sides with ultra-modern skyscrapers owned by Microsoft, Expedia and other wealthy high-tech industry firms. Some of these "city streets" where these buildings brush sides have no sidewalks as these were just rural roads not that long ago.
At first glance, the majority of this park, just down the street from the Bellevue Botanical Gardens, appears to be... more travel advice
[Unfortunately, only one of the photos I took of this place turned out - and even then only marginally so.] While it is... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Bellevue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East Side of Lake Washington, City Unto Itself"
- "Across the lake from Seattle"
- "Bellevue - an up and coming Eastside city in WA"
- "Bellevue, Washingon"
- "A whole lot of shopping going on"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bellevue
- 10 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Bellevue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bellevue
Photos in BellevueSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue