Willamette Mission State Park Hotel Tips by glabah
Willamette Mission State Park Hotels: 1 reviews and 5 photos
primitive overnight camping at Willamette Mission
A small portion of Willamette Mission State Park allows overnight camping in the "Horse Camping" area. This is little more than a flat spot of ground that is quite far from rest rooms. If you can sleep in a tent, you can spend the night here, but the facilities are quite a bit more primitive here than they are 1/2 hour north at the Champoeg State Park campground.
Really, Willamette Mission is mostly aimed at day use, so the facilities here for overnight camping are VERY minimal. If you can't stand completely minimal accomodations, I suggest you consider Champoeg's wonderful campground instead (but it does fill up fast there!)
There are also hotels in Salem and Woodburn that would suffice.
However, for overnight stays in Willamette Mission State Park, there is no other choice: this is the only overnight accomodation.
From time to time, as seen in the photos, special groups do bring in large numbers of recreational vehicles and stay overnight.
And of course, the civil war camps during the July 4th Weekend truly are "roughing it" - in that no equipment other than typical of the 1850s is allowed in the camps.
Directions: Follow signs to Horse Camp and Tent Camp areas.
More Reviews (18)
glabah's Related Pages
Willamette Mission State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Relatively Quiet Except in Summer, Nice Trails"
- "Great place for a weekend getaway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Willamette Mission State Park
- Hotels in Willamette Mission State Park
- Transportation in Willamette Mission State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Willamette Mission State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Pennsylvania
- Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach
- Park Inn London - Russell Square
- Garden Palace Hotel Surabaya
- Miramar Hotel
- Comfort Suites Downtown Minneapolis
- Settle Inn Resort
- Holiday Inn Kayenta
- Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
- Atlantis The Palm
- Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square
- Kumarakom Lake Resort
- Travelodge Brentwood East Horndon
Badges & Stats in Willamette Mission State Park
- 19 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Willamette Mission State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Willamette Mission State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The most-asked questions?"
- created a Willamette Mission State Park Travelogue "Early Summer of 2012; Bird Life starting to Fledge"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Early Summer of 2012; Bird Life starting to Fledge"
- Wrote a Review Bald Eagles in Willamette Mission State Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Video to Willamette Mission State Park
Photos in Willamette Mission State ParkSee All Photos (118)
Videos in Willamette Mission State ParkSee All Videos (3)
Read real reviews about Willamette Mission State Park Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 155 reviews, 743 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 153 reviews, 645 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 81 reviews, 358 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 312 photos, 26 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 25 reviews, 208 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 18 reviews, 196 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 31 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremerton Intro, 22 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues