"Westside Suburb, small somewhat preserved Downtown" Tigard by glabah
Tigard Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 32 photos
Tigard is, mostly, a typical Portland west side suburb with a number of small manufacturing and commercial facilities, a few hotels near major highways and scattered parks and residential establishments.
If you happen to be passing through Tigard and spending the night at one of the hotels near the highways, it might be interesting for you to explore the Fanno Creek Trail, which has a Beaverton section and a Tigard Section, with future plans for expansion.
As seen in the photo, on the south side of highway 99W, the area along SW Main Street is a somewhat preserved old district downtown. There are a few brew pubs and restaurants there.
This downtown area is also where the southern section of the Fanno Creek Trail starts. This photo is taken right at the junction of highway 99W and main street, looking west on main street. To get to the Fanno Creek Trail going south from here, go directly forward along the sidewalk on the right side of the photo, and turn left just after crossing the creek. To go north on the trail, turn to the left about 90 degrees so you are facing across 99W. Cross at the light and when safe cross 99W and continue north along Johnson until you get to the entrance to Woodard Park. Here, the trail continues north all the way to Denny Road in Beaverton.
- Pros:Small downtown, a few restaurants
- Cons:not much to attract tourists
While it doesn't have a huge waiting line, the Café Alegro is very popular, and at least a little bit of waiting line... more travel advice
From the outside, there isn't a huge amount to recommend Banning's over any other nearby restaurant. It is on the north... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Tigard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A place of beauty it is not"
- "Westside Suburb, small somewhat preserved Downtown"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tigard
- 6 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Tigard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tigard
Photos in TigardSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue