"A Beach Created by the Jetties popular Surfing" South Beach State Park by glabah
South Beach State Park Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 5 photos
South Beach has been created over the last 100 years or so by sand deposits at the South Jetty, which was installed to create a calm approach to Yaquina Bay. The shore line has moved almost 1/4 of a mile out to sea since the installation of the jetties, and continues to grow.
This has become a popular surfing location, among with all the other typical beach activities.
There are camping facilities here, as well as several trails through the beachland.
- Pros:For Oregon, Fairly Calm Water due to South Jetty.
- Cons:Close to Newport, so Lots of Visitors. Can be crowded on rare good day.
When the jetties were built at the entrance to Yaquina Bay, the ocean currents were altered and sand started to be... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
South Beach State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Beach Created by the Jetties popular Surfing"
- Create a South Beach State Park Travel Page
Badges & Stats in South Beach State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to South Beach State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Beach State Park
Photos in South Beach State ParkSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 368 photos, 33 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue