"Gateway to Silver Falls and Oregon Garden" Silverton by glabah
Silverton Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 53 photos
Silverton is a small community that for many years was thought of as just a sawmill town you had to drive through in order to get to Silver Falls State Park.
Today, the downtown area has attempted to appeal to all those people driving through town to create a resurrection of downtown businesses.
The addition of the Oregon Garden has made Silverton start to refer to itself as "Oregon's Garden City" and the added tourist traffic has increased the options in terms of attractions in downtown Silverton.
Restaurants of various types are also unique and interesting. Rather than tear down Silverton's surviving older buildings and build duplicates of what is in every other city, many of these structures have been preserved and are used as restaurants, antique stores, assorted art objects, and a number of other items.
That the historic core of Silverton remained unchanged for so many years is somewhat of a fortunate accident, and thankfully it looks like there is some desire to keeping the old charm of this interesting mill city turned tourist community.
Oregon's most popular state park is not located on the Oregon Coast or in the Columbia River Gorge, but in fact it is... more travel advice
Like most Willamette Valley Mexican restaurants, El Toro offers a fairly good value for the money. The food may not be... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Silverton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Silver Falls and Oregon Garden"
- "OREGON- the state with 2 syllables, not 3"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silverton
- Hotels in Silverton
- Transportation in Silverton
- Nightlife in Silverton
- Restaurants in Silverton
- Warnings and Dangers in Silverton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Silverton
- 11 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Silverton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silverton
Photos in SilvertonSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 166 reviews, 865 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 159 reviews, 656 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 27 reviews, 497 photos, 48 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 209 photos, 16 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues