"Small Beach Community at End of Road (where else?)" Roads End by glabah
Roads End Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos
You will find this community at the end of a road just north of Lincoln City. Unlike nearby Lincoln City or Newport, there few attractions here. The community is almost completely residential in nature.
However, it does have Road's End State Park, which provides a public parking area, restrooms, and beach access.
People do come hear to surf, though not a huge number of those come either.
Cascade Head, on the north side of the community, offers tide pools on the rocks that provide some interest to some people.
A large rock just off the coast of Cascade Head provides an egg-laying ground and roost for a number of coastal and pelagic birds.
- Pros:Beach Access with a State Park with Restrooms, Relatively Quiet and Lesser Known
- Cons:Completely void of anything else, except residences.
- In a nutshell:At least Newport is nearby.
The large pile of rocks just north of the beach at Roads End is called Cascade Head. These rocks are very rough, and... more travel advice
I don't know too much about surfing, but I can tell you that you will find people surfing at Roads End. I will also... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Roads End Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small Beach Community at End of Road (where else?)"
- Create a Roads End Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Roads End
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (244)
Have you been to Roads End?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roads End
Photos in Roads EndSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 171 reviews, 881 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 160 reviews, 670 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 540 photos, 53 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 241 photos, 20 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 53 reviews, 197 photos, 4 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 192 photos, 6 travelogues