"Spectacular Cliffs along Highway 101" Oswald West State Park by glabah
Oswald West State Park Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 32 photos
While the state park known as Oswald West State Park covers a fairly substantial area, it is probably best known as being the spot just north of Manzanita where the cliffs plunge deeply from the coast range into the Pacific Ocean. This gives rise to a spectacular platform for Highway 101 above the Ocean, and gives rise to such place names on the rock formations below as "Devils Cauldron" and "Smuggler's Cove".
On the south side of the park land is Manzanita and just south of that is Nehalem Bay State Park and the beaches of the peninsula that form Nehalem Bay.
On the north side of the park is the small community of Arch Cape.
If the facilities in Oswald West State Park don't meet your needs or expectations, you can always seek out accomodations, restaurants, and other things in those nearby locations.
The official state park web site for Oswald West State Park is:
- Pros:Spectacular Scenery
- Cons:Busy Highway 101 runs through the Middle of It, and Peole Drive WAY TOO FAST on these Tight Curves with Steep Cliffs and Lots of Tourists Hanging Around
- In a nutshell:Unless you are being chased by a swarm of angy bees, it is certainly worth a stop and look, and for others it may be worth even more time.
glabah's Related Pages
Oswald West State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Surf's Up!"
- "EARLY ENVIRONMENTALIST REMEMBERED"
- "Spectacular Cliffs along Highway 101"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oswald West State Park
- Hotels in Oswald West State Park
- Restaurants in Oswald West State Park
- Shopping in Oswald West State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Oswald West State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oswald West State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Oswald West State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oswald West State Park
Photos in Oswald West State ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue