"Beach Views along Ocean or Bay" Nehalem Bay State Park by glabah
Nehalem Bay State Park Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 35 photos
Nehalem Bay is separated from the Pacific Ocean by a narrow strip of land consisting mostly of beach, tidal mud flat, and coastal scrub forest. Much of this small peninsula is the home of Nehalem Bay State Park.
The park offers access to the beaches on the bay side and the ocean side. There are 265 camp sites with electrical hookup and water, plus 18 yurts, a hike in / bike in camping area, a horse camping area, and day use access.
The state parks maps of the park show a place near the day use area labelled "Horse Rentals" and as such it appears that one doesn't necessarily have to bring their own horses to the park to enjoy a ride on the beach. However, there is fairly little information about this program that I have found on the state parks web site or in the Nehalem Bay State Park brochure.
- Pros:Close to Manzanita, but fairly far from larger population centers such as Tillamook and Astoria, making it somewhat less crowded.
- Cons:As with any of the coast State Parks, a popular destination in the tourist season.
- In a nutshell:Great views and nice camping facilities, but a popular place in the summer months.
Nehalem Bay State Park has a concessions provider that rents horses for use on the several horse trails through the... more travel advice
If you are coming to the Oregon Coast, and visiting a state park with access to the beach, it is natural that the beach... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Nehalem Bay State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beach Views along Ocean or Bay"
- "State Park on the Beach"
- "Nehalem Bay State Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nehalem Bay State Park
- Hotels in Nehalem Bay State Park
- Transportation in Nehalem Bay State Park
- Nightlife in Nehalem Bay State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Nehalem Bay State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nehalem Bay State Park
- 8 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (289)
Have you been to Nehalem Bay State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nehalem Bay State Park
Photos in Nehalem Bay State ParkSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 771 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 728 photos, 76 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 50 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues