"Small Town on the Dry Side of the Mountains" Mosier by glabah
Mosier Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos
The first community that you will come to going east in the Columbia River Gorge from Hood River is Mosier. This is a fairly small community with only a few businesses, and several good sized new housing developments.
It is much like many of the other small communities on the Columbia River Gorge, but it is unique in that it is the first community going east that is on the "dry" side of the mountains. Hood River is somewhat drier, but there is a significant change in the density of the forests between Hood River and the mostly dry grasslands around Mosier - the trees here are much smaller, and within a few miles eastward, there will be very few trees indeed.
- Pros:Small town on dry side of Cascade Mountains. Close to recreation offered by Columbia River Gorge.
- Cons:Small town, with not too much of certain types of activity. Recent Google data center in The Dalles makes housing expensive.
- In a nutshell:Not vital if you miss it as there are many attractive places in the Columbia River Gorge, but there are good recreation options in the area.
glabah's Related Pages
Mosier Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mosier
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Mosier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mosier
Photos in MosierSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 161 reviews, 790 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 352 photos, 31 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 214 photos, 12 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue