"Space Aliens in the Windows and 1950s Restaurants" Milwaukie by glabah
Milwaukie Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 37 photos
Except for highway 99E, which separates downtown Milwaukie from a park runs along the Willamette River, most of downtown Milwuakie is fairly quiet and pleasant.
Many of the buildings here date from the 1950s.
Perhaps one of the most famous (infamous?) features of the storefronts here include two huge monsters standing in the old shop window. During the last 15 years, there has been a huge amount of growth at Dark Horse Comics, which now occupies several buildings in this area. These monster alients have been here most of that time, but they have now been joined by a number of companions.
- Pros:Several unique small restaurants. Reasonably easy to walk around the downtown area.
- Cons:No really vital tourist attractions. Difficult to get to park on waterfront of river without getting run over by heavy traffic.
- In a nutshell:Small community that is frequently overlooksed, and really isn't too much to get excited about here.
During the reconstruction of the downtown Milwaukie transit center and streets, a sculpture garden was installed on what... more travel advice
There is a group of volunteers that has spent a great deal of time and energy to collect various photos, maps, and... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Milwaukie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Space Aliens in the Windows and 1950s Restaurants"
- Create a Milwaukie Travel Page
- Things to Do in Milwaukie
- Transportation in Milwaukie
- Restaurants in Milwaukie
- Shopping in Milwaukie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milwaukie
- 8 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Milwaukie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milwaukie
Photos in MilwaukieSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 384 photos, 35 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 47 reviews, 179 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues