"Small Community North of Nehalem Bay" Manzanita by glabah
Manzanita Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 41 photos
Many small coastal communities dot the Oregon coast, and it isn't going to be very easy to distinguish them all from one another when you get home, unless you are familar with Oregon just a little bit.
Manzanita is nice because almost all of downtown is on the west side of highway 101, and therefore you don't have to cross this busy highway to get from one side of the town to the other. There are scattered small stores (including book stores and several grocery stores), a few small restaurants, and a few small hotels that give you a taste of what staying in a hotel along the Oregon coast used to be like before the big hotel chains discovered Oregon.
Several of the streets in town run between highway 101 and the beach, and for the most part getting to the beach from anywhere in Manzanita is a matter of walking down the hill until you run out of road. At that point, you simply walk off the edge and onto the beach.
Manzanita is also the home of one of the bus stops on Tillamook County Transportation District bus route #2: Tillamook to Cannon Beach. This bus route provides transit service connecting Manzanita to Tillamook and Cannon Beach several times a day.
- Pros:Small coastal town with quiet streets. Public transit service is available.
- Cons:Not a huge number of recreational options. What transit service there is is very limited. Like any Oregon Coast place, weather is unpredictable, windy and wet.
- In a nutshell:Perfect for those who want a quiet retreat at the beach.
Most of Manzanita is located off of highway 101, and therefore is somewhat off the beaten path. However, it is not... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Manzanita Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Manzanita
- Hotels in Manzanita
- Transportation in Manzanita
- Restaurants in Manzanita
- Warnings and Dangers in Manzanita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manzanita
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (288)
Have you been to Manzanita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manzanita
Photos in ManzanitaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 166 reviews, 771 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 720 photos, 75 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 46 reviews, 207 photos, 5 travelogues