"East Side of Portland" Laurelhurst by glabah
Laurelhurst Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 28 photos
Laurelhurst is an east Portland neighborhood that straddles East Burnside street, and is therefore partly in northeast Portland and partly in southeast Portland. The most famous feature of the area is Laurelhurst Park, which dates back to the very early 1900s.
The area is almost completely residential, with a few commercial establishments on some of the busiest streets.
Houses in the area range from standard mass produced Portland floor plans to a few large eccentric residences that are local land marks. The above house has long been an interesting landmark near Laurelhurst Park.
- Pros:Many areas are quiet and pleasant to visit. Several beautiful parks. Some unique stores and restaurants.
- Cons:Divided into small pieces by several extremely busy roads that are loud and difficult to cross in most places.
- In a nutshell:Several nice places to visit, but not anything that is of primary tourist interest.
Quite a large number of Portland residents like the Laurelhurst Theatre, or at least a large enough number of them like... more travel advice
If you live in Portland, or are visiting during Christmas, chances are you have heard of the much hyped Peacock Lane... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Laurelhurst Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Laurelhurst
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Laurelhurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laurelhurst
Photos in LaurelhurstSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 162 reviews, 791 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 156 reviews, 651 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 368 photos, 33 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 201 photos, 15 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 4 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 45 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue