"Eastern Suburb and End of the MAX line" Gresham by glabah
Gresham Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
Gresham can't really be described as Portland's most eastern suburb city (as some have done), as there are people who commute to Portland from Sandy and other places that are still separated from Portland by considerable farm and forest land. However, Gresham is the furthest eastern suburb right now that forms a continuous unbroken urban area with the city of Portland. From here looking east, it is possible to see considerable rural areas that still retain their quiet rural charm.
It is only just barely so. The easternmost boundary of Gresham is only slightly further east than Troutdale, though downtown Troutdale is further east than downtown Gresham.
Unfortunately, in my own opinion, there isn't much I can say about Gresham for tourists. The place really doesn't have any sort of major tourist attractions. Restaurants are mostly aimed at local residents. There are a few interesting areas along the Sandy river, and the downtown area has a few interesting local stores and restaurants (all of three blocks of them), but as far as major tourist attractions, or even mildly interesting ones, there really isn't that much here.
Gresham is the end of the MAX line, and except for those who are wanting to take a tour of the entire MAX line there really is no reason to come here, in terms of tourist activities.
There are a few neighborhood parks of local interest.
In terms of even local items of interest, Troutdale really has much more to offer, and if you are having to stay in the Gresham area I would suggest heading north a short distance and explore that community.
glabah's Related Pages
Gresham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My 3 Month stay in Oregon (Sep-Dec 2003)"
- "23joe's new Gresham Page"
- "Sheeplike's Gresham"
- "Eastern Suburb and End of the MAX line"
- "Genuzzo's Gresham Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gresham
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (285)
Have you been to Gresham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gresham
Photos in GreshamSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 181 reviews, 928 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 165 reviews, 768 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 29 reviews, 696 photos, 72 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 90 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 59 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 54 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 257 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 56 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 46 reviews, 207 photos, 5 travelogues