"Flat Ocean Peninsula is Popular Place" Fort Stevens State Park by glabah
Fort Stevens State Park Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 74 photos
Beach at Fort Stevens: The dot in the background is the Wreck of the Peter Iredale. As you can see from the tire tracks, this is one of the beaches on which it is allowed to drive, but only certain Oregon beaches have this allowed.
At one time Fort Stevens was regarded as an important military post, protecting the entrance to the Columbia River. However, as radar and other technology advanced the chance of a surprise military invasion being launched at the mouth of the Columbia River has become vastly reduced.
Thus, the fortress was declared surplus, and is now a popular recreation site.
There are no high hills inside the park, so there is no opportunity for getting up on top of something to have a view off into the distance.
Set among the trees that are slightly inland from the beach, you will find 174 full RV hookup camp sites, 302 electrical... more travel advice
glabah's Related Pages
Fort Stevens State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FORT STEVENS - GUARDIANS OF COLUMBIA"
- "Flat Ocean Peninsula is Popular Place"
- "Ft. Stevens State Park - The Best in USA"
- "Fort Stevens"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Stevens State Park
- Hotels in Fort Stevens State Park
- Restaurants in Fort Stevens State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Stevens State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Fort Stevens State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Stevens State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Local festivals and attractions"
- updated a Fort Stevens State Park Travelogue "Migrating Shore Birds on the Beach"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Migrating Shore Birds on the Beach"
- Uploaded a Video to Fort Stevens State Park
- Wrote a Review Walk or Bike to the Pacific Ocean in Fort Stevens State Park Hotels
Photos in Fort Stevens State ParkSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 171 reviews, 881 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 160 reviews, 670 photos, 8 travelogues
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 28 reviews, 522 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 86 reviews, 376 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 73 reviews, 237 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Townsend Intro, 58 reviews, 218 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washougal Intro, 20 reviews, 241 photos, 20 travelogues
- William Finley National Wildlife Refuge Intro, 26 reviews, 222 photos, 13 travelogues
- Friday Harbor Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos, 4 travelogues
- Magnolia Bluff Intro, 40 reviews, 192 photos, 6 travelogues